Eighteen Major Northwest Peaks
These eighteen peaks are considered by both the Chemeketans and the Mazamas as the "Major Northwest Peaks" and recognize their members with awards who successfully climb these peaks on club climbs. The Chemeketans include all eighteen peaks; the Mazamas include sixteen of them, excluding Broken Top and Mount Theilsen.
Linda joined me on our quest to climb these peaks. We shared most of the climbs together, often leading the climbs in order to get them on the official Chemeketan climb schedule. She successfully completed her goal in 1994 on Mount Baker. I completed mine in 1993 on Mount Shuksan.
|Mount Saint Helens||8333||4573||Washington||1977|
|Three Fingered Jack||7841||2481||Oregon||1979|
= Peaks climbed
General InformationWashington Climb Links
Oregon Climb Links
National Forests of Oregon and Washington
Northern California Climb Links
- Beckey, Fred, Cascade Alpine Guide: Climbing and High Routes, Vol. 1, Columbia River to Stevens Pass, Third Edition, The Mountaineers, 2000.
- Beckey, Fred, Cascade Alpine Guide: Climbing and High Routes, Vol. 2, Stevens Pass to Rainy Pass, Second Edition, The Mountaineers, 1989.
- Beckey, Fred, Cascade Alpine Guide: Climbing and High Routes, Vol. 3, Rainy Pass to Fraser River, Second Edition, The Mountaineers, 1995.
- Gauthier, Mike and Bruce Barcott, Mount Rainier: A Climbing Guide, The Mountaineers, 1999.
- Nelson, Jim and Peter Potterfield, Selected Climbs in the Cascades, The Mountaineers, 1993.
- Nelson, Jim and Peter Potterfield, Selected Climbs in the Cascades, Volume II, The Mountaineers, 2000.
- Olympic Mountain Rescue, Climber's Guide to the Olympic Mountains, Third Edition, The Mountaineers, 1988.
- Porcella, Stephen F. and Cameron M. Burns, California's Fourteeners, Palisades Press, 1991.
- Porcella, Stephen F. and Cameron M. Burns, Climbing California's Fourteeners, The Mountaineers, 1998.
- Thomas, Jeff, Oregon High: A Climbing Guide, Keep Climbing Press, 1991.