North Cascade Classic Peaks
The (Seattle) Mountaineers "Cascade Classic Peaks" lists 18 peaks in the North Cascades. The Everett Mountaineers recognize eight North Cascades peaks as their "Classic Eight Peaks". I have included both lists on this page, with a few additional peaks I have climbed.
I climbed most of my North Cascades peaks with the Chemeketans as part of the Eighteen Major Northwest Peaks and the Washington Niners projects, augmented with other North Cascade climbs led by Bill Saur over several years. Since then my recreational interests have taken me in other directions.
"... the initial problem was the impenetrable jungle of deadfall and matted undergrowth over which and through which the climbers had to struggle. The arduous bushwacks, where climbers were frequently suspended above the ground by the undergrowth, provided a heightened sense of isolation and adventure."
- Chris Jones, Climbing in North America
|Mountaineers Cascade Classic Peaks|
|Everett Mountaineers Classic Eight Peaks|
|Seven Fingered Jack||9100||1997|
|North Gardner Mountain||8956|
|Silver Star Mountain||8876||2003|
|Liberty Bell Mountain||7720||1989|
|Ingalls (North) Peak||7662||1998|
= Peaks climbed = Unclimbed peaks
General InformationWashington Climb Links
National Forests of Oregon and Washington
Peakbagger.com: Paul's Mountaineers Everett Classic Eight
Peakbagger.com: Paul's Mountaineers Cascade Classic Peak Pin
- Beckey, Fred, Cascade Alpine Guide: Climbing and High Routes, Vol. 1, Columbia River to Stevens Pass, Third Edition, The Mountaineers, 2000.
- Beckey, Fred, Cascade Alpine Guide: Climbing and High Routes, Vol. 2, Stevens Pass to Rainy Pass, Second Edition, The Mountaineers, 1989.
- Beckey, Fred, Cascade Alpine Guide: Climbing and High Routes, Vol. 3, Rainy Pass to Fraser River, Second Edition, The Mountaineers, 1995.
- Nelson, Jim and Peter Potterfield, Selected Climbs in the Cascades, The Mountaineers, 1993.
- Nelson, Jim and Peter Potterfield, Selected Climbs in the Cascades, Volume II, The Mountaineers, 2000.